We are a leading manufacturer of prefabricated structures in Poland. We produce traditional reinforced elements, as well as modern prestressed elements used in enclosed structures (e.g. production and storage halls, offices, trade objects, railway stations, parking places), engineering objects (e.g. bridges, tunnels), and atypical designs. We offer wide range of standard products and realize special orders for individual designs.
As Pekabex Group we continuously increase our production capacities. Currently we have four production plants located in Poznań, Gdańsk, Bielsko-Biała and Mszczonów. The production capacities of the plants amount to 140,000 m3 per year. We are planning further investments, including either expansion and modernization of owned plants and market consolidation.
Our production plants manufacture the structural prestressed and reinforced elements (including floor beams, girders, walls, TT slabs, and columns). Moreover the plant in Poznań produces the prestressed hollow core slabs. Our plant in Poznań is equipped with automated (computer-controlled) production lines for the structural prestressed elements of length of 120 m each. The technical facilities allow for manufacturing elements of weight even up to 70 tons.
In range of Group we also produce wall elements (for Scandinavian market), equipped with electric installation, windows and external sills, and finished with special structural plasters. Such elements do not require any additional time and financial outlays connected with the facade making and finishing. Only the internal walls require painting and installation of internal sills and electric sockets and switches.
Complex offer from design to installation
The Purchasers start to appreciate the modern and complex solutions, therefore besides the production activity the Pekabex Group is one of a few companies in its branch offering the technical advisory, designing, and assembly services. We have our own design office, employing the high-class engineers having the international experience, and cooperating with a few external offices. We assure delivery of manufactured prefabricated elements to the construction sites in Poland and other countries, and our professional and fully equipped assembly teams are ready to realize the installation regardless the season and weather conditions.
In Pekabex Group we have a department of complex realization of objects allowing us to offer our Customers the wide range of services not only in prefabrication, but also other branches including realization of "turnkey" objects. The cooperation formula proposed by us is open, i.e. we offer complete structure from prefabricated elements with the monoliths, or e.g. the building shell.
We pay special emphasis on work safety either in our production plants and at construction sites and installations realized by us. The safety is our priority, and following the industrial safety principles is an obligation and goal for each of us. With the natural environment mind in 2011 we have implemented the environment protection policy by adapting the production processes, technology, and organization to its requirements.
The prefabricated reinforced concrete and prestressed concrete elements are used mostly in enclosed structures (e.g. production and storage halls, offices, trade objects, railway stations, parking places). They are also often used in residential buildings. E.g. In the multi-apartment buildings in Scandinavia the prefabricated wall elements successfully compete with walls made from wood.
The main advantages of prefabrication:
- quick assembly, realization also in temperatures below zero,
- large spans of structural elements without supports (important e.g. in case of trade centres, storage halls, railway stations),
- resistance to corrosion and fire, which makes them durable and safe,
- dampening of vibrations (occurring e.g. in concert halls or stadiums - use of prefabricated structures in all sport and public objects for EURO 2012),
- lower operational costs comparing e.g. with steel structures - lower roof cross section means lower heating costs, and higher strength of prefabricated elements eliminates the necessity of removing snow,
- high fire resistance,
- suggested for food industry,
- higher resistance to aggressive biological and chemical environments.
RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT CENTER
Pekabex, as a leading manufacturer of prefabricated structures in Poland, has a significant research and development potential in the form of qualified staff and constantly expanding machinery park. The separation of the unit dedicated to these works and the definition of the agenda of its work allowed for the further development and systematization of these activities and the reflection of Pekabex's strategy.
Achievement of strategic goals had required centralization of the Group's research and development area and the establishment of a multidisciplinary unit integrating previously undertaken innovative activities, investigating technologies, processes and products of the construction sector, in particular related to the production of prefabricated elements. The creation of a structure dedicated to R&D&I is a practice used by the most innovative companies on a global scale. Conducting this type of work, i.e. activities with a high level of risk and often longer than the standard time horizon, requires a different approach than in the case of standard business activities. Dedicated project management processes, creation of teams consisting of employees responsible for various areas of the company's operations, management of diffusion of know-how from the environment, or portfolio evaluation of conducted activities, are most effectively implemented and managed within a separate organizational unit of the company.
In 2017, Pekabex BET received funding from the Operational Program Intelligent Development 2014-2020 as part of Measure 2.1 Support for investment in R&D infrastructure of enterprises for the implementation of an innovative project called "Establishment of a Research and Development Center in the structure of PEKABEX BET S.A." Thanks to the creation of the R&D Center, we participate in strengthening the innovation of the Polish economy and promoting research and development in our country. As part of the work, the R&D Center cooperates with higher technical universities throughout the country.
The main objectives related to the Research and Development Center are:
- implementation of the Company's plans in the field of R&D works in cooperation with external entities,
- increasing the use of modern concrete prefabrication in construction, especially housing, which will allow the Group to participate in the implementation of strategic housing development programs - government and local government and will enable better fulfillment of market demand for modern, affordable housing,
- reduction of construction investment costs through the use of proprietary, innovative solutions,
- shortening the time necessary for the realization of construction processes through the use innovative connections significantly accelerating assembly process on the construction site. The connections, thanks to the project, will be produced by the Group itself (which will minimize the risk of delays in the case of subcontractors);
- adaptation of the production process to the decreasing availability of the workforce thanks to: reduction of labor intensity through, inter alia, automation of processes while improving efficiency and at the same time obtaining higher quality parameters and eliminating errors,
- implementation of activities related to sustainable development, i.e. increasing the share of more environmentally friendly solutions (eg. research into the use of green concrete in prefabrication),
- integration of R&D staff who have conducted research and development so far within the dispersed Design Department,
- extending the existing research equipment with advanced research and development equipment enabling R&D work to be undertaken in areas previously unachievable for Pekabex,
- modernization of the infrastructure currently owned by the Company in order to create appropriate conditions for the installation of equipment and preparation of work stations for specialist R&D personnel.