OUR PRODUCTION PLANTS: REDUCTION OF CARBON FOOTPRINT
- Change of technology in the production of building structures: transition to low-emission cement while maintaining strength parameters (20% less CO2).
- Circular economy – reduction of waste to a minimum, maximum reuse of materials and products. We operate on a 5R basis.
- Development of building systems that allowed for a leaner structure: less concrete consumption and an increase in the usable area of buildings.
EXPENDITURES ON ECOLOGICAL INVESTMENTS
- We invest in renewable energy sources and production of energy for own use. Electricity is gained through photovoltaics
- Switching the fleet to hybrid cars, which consume less fuel – this means less harmful exhaust emissions. The average fuel consumption for soft hybrids ranges from 5 to 10% on the road.
- Thermomodernization of production halls in order to reduce the consumption of fuels and energy used for heating.
- Changing the technology of technological heating (switching from fuel oil to gas with lower emissions – 20% less CO2).
INCREASING ENERGY EFFICIENCY
- Demand-active response management – load management, peak load equalization systems
- Performing an energy audit, indicating points on which the company can continue to work
- In the plan – further installation of photovoltaic panels on all facilities
- The plan is to introduce BMS – Building Management System, remote management of buildings, view of electricity and lights consumption in the factory.
CIRCULAR ECONOMY – SYSTEMS USED IN PLANTS
- Rainwater retention tank to be used in the concrete production process
- Recycled water from the processes of washing concrete bins and mixers used for the production of concrete – closed water cycle
- Concrete from washing concrete feeders and mixers goes to the separator, where aggregate is mechanically separated
- Aggregate heating with flue gas from gas combustion (from the boiler room)
- The remnants of the bars are joined by a welding machine into full lengths
- Elements left over from the production of prestressing strings are used as system slings for transporting elements
- Reuse of wooden formwork elements
- Closed cycle – dust generated in the concrete production process is returned to the process.
TAKING CARE OF THE ENVIRONMENT
- We segregate waste in order to recycle and reuse it. Reduction of waste to a minimum, maximum reuse of materials and products. We operate on the basis of 5R – refuse, reduce, reuse, recycle, rot
- We raise the environmental awareness of employees – training, eco campaigns
- Collective transport of employees, proximity to stops and bicycle paths
- Creating green gardens next to factories to build an ecosystem, building insect houses and “green tables”
- We put emphasis on the purchase of low-energy equipment for offices
- We have introduced electronic document workflow
- Changing the lighting to LED
- We take care to comply with the standards of non-pollution of water and soil
- The cleaning company uses ecological cleaning agents
- We collect bottle nuts
- In the kitchens, we only use reusable crockery and cutlery
- We have introduced shelves for books for employees
- On the plan: creating a charging station for electric vehicles.
- We buy aggregates and cement from environmentally friendly sources
- We work with logistics companies with a fleet that meets at least the Euro6 standard (in terms of exhaust emissions)
- We buy recycled materials (e.g. 90% of purchased steel).
INNOVATION: A STRATEGIC ADVANTAGE
We break down barriers to progress: automation and significant production capacity are a way to optimize the use of resources, increase safety, reduce costs and solve the problem of labor shortages in Europe.